Hardware QA Technician – Acheson, AB
Benchmark Data Solutions is an Alberta owned and operated company with over 20 years of experience providing remote communication services primarily to the oil & gas industry. Benchmark is a team-oriented environment that prides itself on fulfilling our customer’s communication needs by leveraging cutting edge technology.
We are dedicated to providing a safe work environment for both our team and customers. From our staging areas to the jobsite, safety is our number one priority.
Reporting to the Field Services Coordinator & Operations Manager the Hardware QA Technician will work closely with the operations team to assist in day-to-day activities and key projects. This position will be of interest to those with a strong IT background. They will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing wireless communication equipment while diligently maintaining the integrity of this equipment and inventory. Success in this role will open opportunities for career advancement.
- Service of rig intercoms, cellular boosters, satellite dishes, portable cellular towers, and other communication equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair wireless communication equipment problems
- Diligent management of equipment and inventory
- Make minor modifications to equipment and/or deploy factory software/firmware updates
- Phone and technical support for field technicians
- Assist in keeping shop supplies and equipment clean; organized and field ready
- Process and completion of service tickets; perform administrative functions relating to invoice records in a timely fashion
- Complete standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements as needed
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by responsibilities
- Aid in dispatching and prioritization of service calls
- A keen understanding of computer software and hardware with troubleshooting abilities
- A mix of mechanical and electronic aptitude
- A team-oriented attitude where not only your personal safety is a priority, but also the safety of those working around you
- A self-driven desire to learn about new and emerging technologies
- A disposition that is open to coaching and hands-on training with a willingness to share ideas and introduce processes that may improve overall efficiencies
- A desire to interact with customers on service calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly by phone, email, and text messaging
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-orientated environment
- Class 5 Drivers License
Why Team Benchmark?
We are a small, people oriented, group of individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value our employees and pride ourselves on our teamwork and our ability to develop products and services with very fast turnaround times. If you’re seeking a family type environment that is always looking to raise the bar in terms of products and service, we are the place for you.
If you are interested in being part of a team committed to providing excellence in all areas of service, technology, and safety; Benchmark is the place for you.
- Benefits Coverage + Health Spending (after three-month probationary period)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation (after three-month probationary period)
- Flexible work arrangements
- Expense Account
- Competitive Salary + Commission
Please apply by emailing your resume to: email@example.com
Connect With Us
Benchmark Data Solutions
Unit 7, 2821 3rd Ave NE