Field Technician – Bonnyville, AB
Benchmark Data Solutions is an Alberta owned and operated company with over 20 years of experience providing remote communication services primarily to the oil & gas industry. Benchmark is a team-oriented environment that prides itself on fulfilling our customer’s communication needs by leveraging cutting edge technology.
We are dedicated to providing a safe work environment for both our team and customers. From our staging areas to the jobsite, safety is our number one priority.
A Day in the Life:
- Confirm with customer that everything is still on schedule
- Drive your company truck to the shop and prep all equipment for install
- Travel to location (typically 3-6 hours one-way)
- Complete pre-job safety paperwork
- With a safety mindset, install equipment while keeping workspace tidy (1-6 hours)
- Check-in with customer, test equipment and complete inventory paperwork
- Leave location and head home OR book hotel in closest town and continue home the next morning.
*We strongly encourage hotel stays to avoid tired, night driving*
- Completion of safety documentation (Pre-Job Assessments, Pre-Job Inspections, etc.) at every single work site
- Service and installation of rig intercoms, cellular boosters, satellite dishes, portable cellular towers, and other communication equipment
- Diligent management of customer site and staging area equipment and inventory
- Assist in keeping shop supplies and equipment clean; organized and field ready
- Process and completion of service tickets; perform administrative functions relating to invoice records in a timely fashion
- Complete standard service reports, invoicing packages, and other administrative requirements as needed
- Maintain all company property, including field truck, service tools, phone, and equipment, in a clean working and professional state
- Work with and carry equipment, hand tools and specialized test equipment
- Out of town travel is required. A need to stay in a personnel camp or hotel is required
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management or indicated by responsibilities
- A willingness to drive to remote drilling and completion operations
- Must be comfortable with heights. Climbing drilling rigs (derricks) up to 160’ is a necessity
- A team-oriented attitude where not only your personal safety is a priority, but also the safety of those working around you
- A keen understanding of computer software and hardware with troubleshooting abilities
- A self-driven desire to learn about new and emerging technologies
- A disposition that is open to coaching and hands-on training with a willingness to share ideas and introduce processes that may improve overall efficiencies
- A desire to interact with customers on service calls in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly by phone, email, and text messaging
- Willingness to work overtime, including evenings, holidays and/or weekends
- Must also be able to work schedules that are not uniform to regular work hours; and be on call (24/7) when required
Why Team Benchmark?
We are a small, people oriented, group of individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We value our employees and pride ourselves on our teamwork and our ability to develop products and services with very fast turnaround times. If you’re seeking a family type environment that is always looking to raise the bar in terms of products and service, we are the place for you.
If you are interested in being part of a team committed to providing excellence in all areas of service, technology, and safety; Benchmark is the place for you.
- Company Truck, Cell Phone and Laptop
- Benefits Coverage + Health Spending (after three-month probationary period)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation (after three-month probationary period)
- Company provided PPE
- Small Business Work Environment (Open Door communication)
- Competitive Salary + Field Day Rates & Subsiduaries
Please apply by emailing your resume to: email@example.com